- This is our Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement (hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”) for use of the sipandom.com website (“Website”), Slow Down Nation Membership and app, the Daily Meditation Podcast, and any other programs, trainings, meditations, webinars, courses and products by sip and om and Mary Meckley. This Website is not directed to persons under eighteen (18) years of age. The Website is owned by sip and om, LLC. (hereinafter referred to as “sip and om”). This Agreement applies to all of the products, services and websites offered by Website and sip and om, the mobile versions thereof, any Website software that you have embedded on a web site or are about to embed (“Widgets”), and any applications (“Apps”) created by sip and om whether available through a social networking site or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies (collectively, “Service”). Please note that the availability of any Apps on a social networking site does not indicate any relationship or affiliation between sip and om and such social networking site.
- The information presented on this Website is in no way intended as psychological or medical advice or as a substitute for psychological or medical treatment. This information should only be used in conjunction with the guidance and care of your physician, and any other medical support team you require. Consult your physician and medical care support before beginning any psychological care, diet, nutrition, or fitness plan offered through the Website. Your physician or medical care support should allow for proper follow-up visits and individualize your psychological, diet, nutrition, or fitness plan as appropriate. Nothing stated or presented on the Website is intended to be a substitute for professional psychological or medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider if you have any questions regarding a psychological or medical condition, your diet, nutritional supplements, an exercise regimen, or any other matter related to your health and well-being.
- If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement, please do not use or access this Website. sip and om reserves the right to refuse or cancel your account. We also reserve the right to cancel your membership should you violate any provision of this Agreement, or any other posted policy on the Website. The contents of this Website, including the videos, text, graphics, images, and information obtained from sip and om’s third-party content providers, sponsors, suppliers, and licensors (collectively “Providers”), and any other materials are to be used for informational purposes only.
PARENTAL OR GUARDIAN PERMISSION
- You must be 18 years or older to to use this Website and by providing information about yourself to sip and om you are representing that you are eighteen years (18) of age or older. If you are younger than eighteen (18) years of age and would like to become a registered member of or provide information about yourself to the sip and om Website, you are required to have your parent or legal guardian contact us prior to use.
- When you visit the Website or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications (including legal notices) from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the Website. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. Finally, sip and om may deliver communications to you by any means set forth in any other sip and om policy or notice published on the Website.
LICENSE AND SITE ACCESS
- sip and om grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of the Website and you may not download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, without the express written consent of sip and om. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of the Website or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of the Website or its contents; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. The Website or any portion thereof may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of sip and om. You may not frame or utilize any framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of sip and om without our express written consent. You may not use any metatags or any other hidden text utilizing sip and om’s name or trademarks without the express written consent of sip and om. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by sip and om. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of the Website so long as the link does not portray sip and om, its affiliates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner. You may not use any sip and om logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT
- Subscriptions are billed monthly. All subscriptions are renewed automatically until canceled. Subscribers may cancel their subscription at any time. Subscriptions must be canceled 3 days prior to the renewal date in order to end subscription charges. At times, special pre-paid subscription packages may be available for purchase. Special pre-paid subscriptions will be recurring and may renew automatically on the expiry date. Subscription must be canceled prior to the renewal date in order to end subscription charges.
CONTACTING sip and om
- You may contact us online at Mary@sipandom.com, or by mail to sip and om, P.O. Box 48643, Tampa Palms, Florida 33646 (provide your first and last name, user name, and email address).
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Users of the Website (individually and collectively, “User”) expressly agree that use of the Website is at User’s sole risk. Neither sip and om, nor its employees or Providers, warrant that the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free; nor do they warrant or make any representation regarding the use of the information provided on the Website or the results that may be obtained from the use of the information provided on the Website, or as to the accuracy, reliability, or currency of any information, content, service, or merchandise provided through the Website. Sip and om does not endorse, recommend, or sponsor and is not affiliated with any individuals or entities listed or linked to on the Website unless that fact is expressly stated. The listing of any individual or entity does not constitute a psychological or medical referral of any kind. Users are advised to exercise their own further informed review, judgment, and evaluation in the selection of any and all medical professionals and health information.
- The website is provided by sip and om on an “as is” and “as available” basis. sip and om makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the website or the information, content, materials, products or individuals included or listed on the website. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, sip and om disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Under no circumstances shall sip and om or providers be liable to you or any third-party for any indirect, consequential, incidental, special or punitive damages, including, but not limited to, lost profits and business interruption, whether in contract or in tort, including negligence, arising in any way from any product or service sold or provided on the website or the use of the information or the results of the use of the information provided on the website, even if sip and om is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall sip and om’s liability exceed the price you paid for a product or service that is the subject of the claim. No oral advice or written information given by sip and om, providers or the like, shall create a warranty; nor shall user rely on any such information or advice. Under no circumstances shall sip and om or any other party involved in creating, producing, or distributing the Website be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the Website, including but not limited to the results from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files or email, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance, whether or not resulting from acts of God, communications failure, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to the Website’s records, programs, or services. User acknowledges that this paragraph shall apply to all content, merchandise, and services available through the Website. In those States that do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Website contains information, data, software, photographs, graphs, videos, typefaces, graphics, audio and other material (collectively “Content”). Regarding the Content supplied by Users or parties other than sip and om, sip and om is a distributor and not a publisher. Sip and om has no more editorial control over such third-party or User Content than does a public library or newsstand. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information that constitutes part of Content expressed or made available by third parties and not by sip and om are those of the respective authors or distributors and not of sip and om. Neither sip and om nor any third party, including any Provider, or any User of the Website, guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any Content, nor its merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. In many instances, the Content available through the Website represents the opinions and judgments of the respective Provider or User not under contract with sip and om. sip and om neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made on the Website by anyone other than authorized sip and om employees. Under no circumstances shall sip and om be liable for any loss, damage or harm caused by a User’s reliance on information obtained through the Website. It is the responsibility of a User to evaluate the information, opinion, advice or other Content available through the Website.
- User agrees to use the Website only for lawful purposes. User is prohibited from posting on or transmitting through the Website any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including but not limited to any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law or regulation. If sip and om is notified of allegedly infringing, defamatory, damaging, illegal, or offensive content provided by User, sip and om may investigate the allegation and determine in its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of such content from the Website. sip and om may disclose any content or electronic communication of any kind: (i) to satisfy any law, regulation, or government request; (ii) if such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to operate the Website; or (iii) to protect the rights or property of sip and om, its Users or Providers. sip and om reserves the right to prohibit conduct, communication, or content that it deems in its sole discretion to be harmful to individual Users, the Website, or any rights of sip and om or any third party, or to violate any applicable law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, neither sip and om nor its Providers can ensure prompt removal of questionable content after online posting. Accordingly, neither sip and om, nor Providers shall assume liability for any action or inaction with respect to conduct, communication, or content on the Website.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
- The Website may reference or link to third-party sites throughout the World Wide Web. sip and om has no control over these third-party sites or the content within them. sip and om cannot and does not guarantee, represent or warrant that the content contained in these third-party sites is accurate, legal, or inoffensive. sip and om does not endorse the content of any third-party site, nor do we warrant that they will not contain viruses or otherwise impact your computer. sip and om does not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, product, services, and content of all these and any other third parties. If you choose to link to or use a third-party website, you should carefully review such third party’s privacy statement and other terms and conditions of use. By using the Website to search for or link to another third-party site, you agree and understand that you may not make any claim against sip and om for any damages or losses, whatsoever, resulting from your use of the Website to obtain search results or to link to another site.
- Copyright © sip and om LLC, 2016. All materials and contents contained in the Website (including but not limited to the text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software), and the Website itself, are copyrighted materials belonging exclusively to sip and om or its content suppliers and are protected by United States and international copyright law. sip and om enforces its copyright interests to the fullest extent permitted under the law, and shall seek civil and criminal remedies where appropriate, including the remedies provided for under sections 501 et seq. of Title 17 of the U.S. Code. All rights are reserved.
- sip and om, and the related logos and other marks indicated on our Website are the exclusive property and trademarks of sip and om, LLC. sip and om reserves all rights, including all rights applicable under the U.S. and international trademark laws, including, without limitation Section 1125 of Title 15 of the U.S. Code (Lanham Act Sec. 43). All other trademarks not owned by sip and om that appear on this Website are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by sip and om.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold sip and om and Providers harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Website is created and controlled by sip and om in the State of Florida. As such, the laws of the State of Florida will govern these disclaimers, terms and conditions, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. sip and om reserves the right to make changes to its Website and these disclaimers, terms and conditions at any time. User hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consents to submit to the jurisdiction of the State of Florida for any litigation arising out of or relating to use of or purchase made through the Website (and agrees not to commence any litigation relating thereto except in such courts), waives any objection to the laying of venue of any such litigation in the Florida courts and agrees not to plead or claim in any Florida court that such litigation brought therein has been brought in an inconvenient forum.
PRESERVATION / DISCLOSURE
- You acknowledge, consent and agree that sip and om may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process nationally or internationally; (b) enforce this Agreement; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of sip and om, its Members and the public. Under no other circumstances will sip and om intentionally disclose your account information to any third party.
- In any action against us arising from the use of this Website, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover all legal expenses incurred in connection with the action, including but not limited to its costs, both taxable and non-taxable, and reasonable attorney’s fees. sip and om reserves the right to make changes to the Website, these policies, and these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time, effective immediately upon the posting on this Website. Please check these Terms and Conditions of Use periodically. In addition, these Terms and Conditions of Use may be modified only by our posting of changes to these Terms and Conditions of Use on this Website, or by signed, written agreement of both parties. Each time you access this Website, you will be deemed to have accepted any such changes. If any of these terms and conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that term or condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions of Use are the entire Agreement between you and us relating to the subject matter herein. We may assign our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions of Use. These Terms and Conditions of Use will inure to the benefit of our successors, assigns, and licensees. The failure of either party to insist upon or enforce the strict performance of the other party with respect to any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use, or to exercise any right under the Terms and Conditions of Use, will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of such party’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance; rather, the same will be and remain in full force and effect. eds content.
- At sip and om we recognize that privacy is important and we are committed to protecting your privacy rights (“Policy”). We use the information we collect about you to process orders, to improve the content of the Website and to provide a more personalized experience. We may also use it to periodically inform you about changes on our Website and new products and services. We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. This Policy applies to all of the products, services and websites offered by sip and om LLC (the “Website” or “sip and om”), any sip and om software that you have embedded on a website or are about to embed (“sip and om Widgets”), any applications created by sip and om LLC and available through social networking sites (“sip and om”) or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies (collectively, sip and om’s “Service”).
- If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us.
- By using the Service, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information as outlined in this Policy. As this Policy may be amended from time to time, you should visit this page periodically to review any changes to the Policy.
- In addition to information about yourself, you may submit other content (“Content”). To protect your privacy, the Service allows you to mark your Content as “Private”, in which event it can only be seen by you and people with whom the unique URL of your Content has been shared, or in accordance with the terms applicable to social networking sites on which you include Content through sip and om Apps. However, sip and om has no responsibility for how people you allow to view your Content (or the public if you make any information available to the public) use that material, or to whom they may forward it. Moreover, if you “embed” a sip and om Widget on another web page or share Content through a sip and om App, it will be visible to the public in accordance with the policies of that web page, regardless of whether you have restricted access to that Content on sip and om.
- Finally, in order to provide the best possible service and to allow us to make certain internal reports and make recommendations, we collect aggregate information about the use of the Service, including information about users accessing the Website or viewing sip and om Widgets or using sip and om Apps on other sites, such as internet protocol addresses, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, other browser history, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time (“Activity Information”).
- By using the Service, you consent to our retaining all the above-described information in anonymous form indefinitely.
- sip and om’s Terms and Conditions of Use are expressly incorporated into this Policy by this reference.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
- Information You Provide when you sign up for a sip and om account we ask you for personal information (such as your name, e-mail address and an account password and may require your date of birth, gender and zip code). When you sign up for your 14 day free trial period, we also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other sip and om services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- We make your profile available to other users according to the privacy settings you set for yourself as part of your profile. Your username will be identified to us and to any recipient of messages you send through the Service.
- We also use your name, e-mail address and other information on our system to notify you of new product releases, service notifications, and to solicit your feedback and input. In the event that we decide to allow you to submit other information about yourself, the availability of that information to other users will also be controlled by privacy settings you will set for yourself. In the event that you make your sip and om Widgets publicly available, or “embed” them on another publicly available web site (such as a social networking site), we may include links to those shows or websites or otherwise identify them in our marketing materials as places where sip and om Widgets that may interest other users can be found.
- IP Address An IP address is a number that’s automatically assigned to your computer whenever you’re surfing the Web. We may retain your IP address in order to help us diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our Website, to help identify you, to gather broad anonymous demographic information (such as the number of visitors from a geographic area), to enforce compliance with the Website terms and conditions or otherwise in order to protect our services, sites, customers, or others.
- Log Information When you use the Service, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User Communications When you send email or other communication to sip and om, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Affiliated Sites We offer some of our services in connection with other websites. Personal information that you provide to those websites may be sent to sip and om in order to deliver the service. We process such information in accordance with this Policy. The affiliated websites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
- Links sip and om may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our Website.
- Other Websites This Policy applies to websites and services that are owned and operated by sip and om. We do not exercise control over the websites displayed as search results or links from within our various services. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you.
- sip and om only processes personal information for the purposes described in the applicable Policy and/or privacy notice for specific services. In addition to the above, such purposes include:
- – Providing our products and services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising
- – Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services
- – Ensuring the technical functioning of our network
- – Developing new services
- sip and om processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
CHOICES FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- When you sign up for the Service, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
- If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
- You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case sip and om may not be able to provide those services to you.
- sip and om only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of sip and om in the following limited circumstances:
- – We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- – We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- – We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of sip and om, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- – We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such information does not identify you individually.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
- We restrict access to personal information to sip and om employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
- sip and om processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- When you use sip and om services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup meditation files or videos), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
- sip and om regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to
- contact us with any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or sip and om’s treatment of personal information.
- When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is sip and om’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between sip and om and an individual.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
- sip and om’s content is not directed at children under 13 years of age, and if you provide information about yourself as a user of sip and om, you are representing that you are 13 years of age or older. If you are younger than 13 years of age and would like to become a registered member of or provide information about yourself to the Website, you are required to have your parent or legal guardian
- Contact us prior to use.
- We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age, but if we do become aware of having collected personally identifiable information from a user who is younger than 13 years of age without prior, verifiable consent from a parent or legal guardian, we will remove such information from our files.
CHILDREN BETWEEN THE AGES OF 13 AND 17
- We recommend that minors over the age of 13 ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
THIRD-PARTY LINKS, CO-BRAND RELATIONSHIPS, & PUBLIC FORUMS
- In an attempt to provide increased value to our visitors, sip and om may choose various third party web sites to link to, link from, and frame within, the Website. sip and om also may participate in co-branding and other relationships to offer e-commerce and other services and features to its users. However, even if the third party is affiliated with sip and om, we have no control over these linked sites, each of whom have separate privacy and data collection practices independent of sip and om. We have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any such web sites. Please make sure you are comfortable with the privacy practices of every site you visit before providing the site with your personal information. These linked sites are only for your convenience and you therefore access them at your own risk.
- We also may make chat rooms, forums and message boards available to you on the Website. Please remember that we cannot control the information that is shared by members and that anything you voluntarily provide in any public area of the Internet will be publicly available to other visitors on that web site and potentially to other third parties. Thus, please note that you should always exercise caution when deciding to publicly disclose any of your personal information in these and similar areas.
- By using our Website, you consent to the collection and use of information by sip and om as set forth in this Policy. If we decide to change our Policy, we will post those changes on this page so that you will always be aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what limited circumstances we disclose it. Continued access or use of the Website shall constitute your express acceptance of any modifications to this Policy.